Latest News

Monday 5 October 2015

Article Writers Write and Submit Articles In 10 Minutes - Hogwash

Write and submit articles in 10 minutes? Are you kidding me? You have heard people claim that they can punch out an article in 10 to 20 minutes and submit articles to leading article directories in one hour or less. Well, that may be true for some, but not for me. I beg to differ.

Writing articles for money isn't any different than any other job. It takes time and effort.

Submit Articles in Ten-Minute Article Myth

Newbie article writers fall for this hype. I know I did. Don't be discouraged if in the beginning, it takes several hours to write, publish, and promote your articles.

Starting my article writing journey, I was disheartened by all those experts who insisted that taking anytime longer than a half hour to create an article was inexcusable. I almost gave up.

Some articles, like opinion articles, come right off the top of your head. It's as if the subconscious takes over and the words flow. You can easily type one of those out in ten minutes.

I wouldn't guarantee that the spelling and grammar in that fast written opinion piece would meet the approval of my high school English teacher, but it would be a written article. What about writing content rich articles on subjects that you know very little about?

I don't know about you, but I find that it takes me about two hours to complete a well written quality content article. Here's why.

It takes me about an hour sometimes more to research and write the article. It takes another half-hour to edit the article. How can you check that the keyword density is appropriate, that spelling and grammar are correct, check that the facts are accurate, and finally, insert the appropriate keyword anchor links in the article where appropriate in ten minutes? Huh? I ask you.

Not to mention the time and effort to submit articles to different article directories, every directory has its own formatting requirements and submission quirks that you have to check and get right in order to meet the directories acceptance.

I don't think it is right to preach or teach new article writers that they should be able to pump out ten or twelve articles a day in a couple of hours, to submit articles for publication, and then to expect the money to flow in.

It is possible to create articles in ten minutes or less if you do not count research, editing, formatting and submission. I suspect it is a matter of your intent. I do wonder about the quality of the content.

Quick Writing Technique

There is a way to pump out articles quickly after you have done your research on the subject and on the keywords that you will use. I use this little formula often. You can easily churn out 300-500 word articles with this simple technique.

Choose your subject
Research five things about the subject
Now, write an opening paragraph telling the reader what you are going to tell him about these five items
Next, write one paragraph on each of the five items
Finally, write a closing paragraph summarizing what you just told the reader
You have just written seven paragraphs. If you average 40-50 words per paragraph, you have just written a 350-word article. You should easily be able to find another 100 or so words to get your article to around 500 words.

There is nothing wrong with that approach. It creates content. Although, many directories accept 300 word articles many do not. I recommend that you submit articles in the 500-600+ range. Then there is no question about the length of your articles.

Work and Experience

I think you will also agree that with experience, you will write faster and you may get to ten minutes per article, but I wouldn't count on it. Writing articles for money is no different from any other job or profession. Work and experience will reward you.

You may be new to article writing and be overwhelmed by all the hoopla and expert advice.

Let me show you a simple, easy to follow, step-by-step plan on how to get started, submit an article, and get that sale. Writing On The Web: An Introduction to Article Writing. Best of all it is FREE.

For more insights and opinions on affiliate marketing and article writing visit The Newbie Affiliates Blog your comments and suggestions are welcome. If nothing else you may be entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post